Friday, February 26, 2016

Motor-Vation Has Arrived

Winter is almost over (75 degrees for a high tomorrow) and my new motor has arrived from JEGS. Order date to doorstep was 7 days - that will work. I did the inventory and all items arrived in great shape.

A lot of reading will be required before starting assembly. Patience is not one of my virtues so I really have to work on waiting until I'm clear what I want to do.

I'm really pleased with the package I got, but of course being a hot rodder lends itself to changing things up a bit to what I want. I'm thinking of pinstripes for the valve covers and adding a scoop. 

Here some pictures of the motor as is in my garage right now.

Edlebrock Performer Manifold

/Whole Lot of packing paper kept it safe
HEI Distributor
Chrome Oil Dipstick, bolts, and gaskets
Edelbrock Carburetor

Saturday, February 20, 2016

OK Back at It

It's been awhile since my last post, but I have not been in the building state. Instead I've been gathering some parts. In the midst of taking care of life as it comes, I've picked up the windows for the car and some associated parts, and yesterday I ordered a new motor - Jegs 10067353K8 GM Goodwrench motor. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not running, but now it stands a chance. This will be a very big learning curve for me as I am not mechanically inclined to say the least. This will take a lot of reading and leaning heavily on friends and family with the knowledge I need.

Gotta love free shipping.

That's all for now. Got to junking with the wife. There's a local estate sale with a engine hoist that I need to check out.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Front Fenders

Finished straightening the Front Fenders to the 39, filled/sanded/primed. On to the hood and headlight buckets.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rear Fenders

Well the body work on the rear fenders is done. Now just to keep them safe until paint time. All I need to do now is dig out the front fenders from storage and get busy with them.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

V-6 Removal

Got busy and removed the S-10 motor so I could make motor mounts for a 350 soon to come. Going to sell he S-10 motor it ran fine only 50,000 mile on it. Need to do a little clean up on the cradle.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Roof Finished

Finished filling and sanding the roof today 05-20-2012. It is now level and ready for high fill primer. Thinking about using EZ SAND. It is sprayable and has good fade through protection. That will have to wait awhile while I catch up on some house hold chores. One paint job to another. In my spare time from the chores I am going to work on setting the engine in place.

Sunday, May 6, 2012


Initial body work is now complete 05/06/2012. Now all I have to do is put it in high build primer, seal it and topcoat. Thinking DuPont Misty Mint Green on bottom and Champagne on top, split at the belt line. Then on to make it run.